1. Heat extra virgin olive oil in skillet on medium-high heat.
2. Braise lamb shank for 2-3 minutes on each side (in skillet).
3. Place on lined cookie sheet under a high broiler for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and let cool.
4. In the same skillet, on medium heat, add onion and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes until the onions start to turn brown.
5. Lower heat to a low setting. Add seasonings, broth and wine. Let cook/simmer covered for 45 minutes.
Roasted Root Vegetables:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, place all ingredients and toss well.
3. Pour vegetables onto a large lined greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Rotate and mix. Bake an additional 10-12 minutes. Remove and let cool.
1. Place 1/2 cup basmati rice, 3/4 cup water, 2 tsp oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp granulated garlic powder into a rice cooker and set aside. When it is finished, remove from heat and let cool, covered, for 10 minutes.
1. Take 1/2 cup frozen lima beans and 1/4 cup frozen peas and steam. An easy shortcut is to put them in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup water. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Place in microwave on high power for 3 minutes. Remove and serve.