Sign up to receive our new recipe email alerts!
from Andrew Dorsch - Scotch Plains, NJ
1. Spray baking pan with vegetable spray, re-hydrate the Potato Latka mix with one cup Manischewitz® Vegetable Stock and a 1/2 cup of water in a small bowl and spread the mix on the bottom of a large baking pan.
2. Cook 1 cup of Manischewitz® mini bow tie noodles
3. Cook 1 cup of Red Quinoa with two cups of Manischewitz® Vegetable Stock—follow the package directions. Spread the Quinoa as a second layer on top of the Latka layer.
3. In a large frying pan heat 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil and fry up the diced onions until they are brown. Carmelize them then scoop them onto the Quinoa layer.
4. Take 3 cups of the Manischewitz® Vegetable Stock—mix with the remaining 1/8 of a cup of Manischewitz Potato Latka mix and add 2 1/25 teaspoons of Sriracha Hot sauce in a sauce pan. Heat the mix in the sauce pan on the stove—medium heat—stirring to become thicker—if needed add a little more of the potato Latka mix to get the desired consistency (first add the Latka mix to a small amount of cold water in a separate bowl and mix before adding to the sauce pan—otherwise it will clump up and ruin the sauce).
5. Put the frozen vegetables into a bowl. Add cooked pasta and the Vegetable Stock from step 4. Mix thoroughly. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
6. Add the mix from Step 5 on top of the caramelize onion layer in the baking dish and spreading evenly in the baking dish.
7. Add 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
8. Put your Torte Vegatali into the oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
Try these delicious Rye Tam Tams! >
Hop over to our boards for holiday ideas, recipes and more >
Watch "Matzo Ball Olympics" >
Start a conversation or follow ours! >