Roasted Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Sage Quinoa
3 medium sweet potatoes, diced
1 cup quinoa
2 2/3 cups Manischewitz Chicken Broth
1 can chickpeas, drained
2 tsp salt/pepper mix
1/2 red onion, diced
1 Tbsp avocado oil
1 medium onion, diced
4 large cloves garlic, smashed/roughly chopped
1 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
Sliced heirloom tomatoes, variety
Nondairy provolone slices (Daiya)
1. Cook quinoa with 1 2/3 cups of chicken broth. Let boil on medium-high heat.
2. Cover and lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat and cool, covered.
4. In a large pot, heat avocado oil on medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add ginger and sauté an additional 2 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low.
6. In same pot, add 1 cup of chicken broth and red onions and stir. Let simmer for 5-8 minutes.
7. Mix in the chickpeas and cook for 6 minutes.
8. Add quinoa and remove from heat. Gently toss while adding seasonings.