Carrot Quinoa and Spinach Soup
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 30 min Ready Time: 45 min The recipe is special enough for a holiday meal and hearty enough to serve anytime. If you make this for a dairy meal, try adding a ½ cup of whole milk when you stir in the spinach. It gives the dish a light, creamy flavor.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium onions, chopped
8 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup quinoa
6 cups Manischewitz Vegetable Broth
2 cups baby spinach or frozen spinach defrosted and drained
2 teaspoons kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Manischewitz Gluten Free Crackers, for serving
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
2. Add onion, carrots and garlic and sauté 8 to 10 minutes or until beginning to soften.
3. Add paprika, cumin, coriander and ginger and cook 1 minute more.
4. Add quinoa and broth and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until carrots are tender and quinoa is cooked.
5. Stir in spinach and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Divide soup between 6 bowls and serve with matzo crackers on the side.