Apple Fennel and Tarragon Slaw
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 0 min Ready Time: 15 min Tarragon is the perfect complement to fennel as both have an anise taste. The apples add crunch and sweetness to the salad.v
2 medium crunchy apples (Fuji or Gala apples are recommended), thinly sliced
1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, for garnish
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
1⁄4 cup oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Manischewitz Honey
1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
1. Place apples and fennel in the salad bowl or container you are using to store the slaw.
2. Reserve the 2 tablespoons tarragon for garnish.
3. In a covered container mix remaining ingredients.
4. Pour over apples and fennel. Can be made up to 12 hours before serving.
5. Top with fresh tarragon when serving.
By Shifra Klein, Editor-in-Chief of Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine.